15 Reasons Why a Lady Would Never Twerk Except in the Privacy of her Bedroom with her Husband...
Wikipedia defines twerking as a type of dancing in which an individual dances to popular music in a sexually provocative manner involving thrusting hip movements and a low squatting stance." Though the term seems to be of uncertain origin with common assumptions suggesting it is a contraction of "footwork" and a portmanteau of the words "twist" and "jerk", there is evidence from ethnographic interviews in New Orleans that the term began as street language in New Orleans with the rise of the local hip-hop music known as Bounce. Since the late 1990s, twerking was associated with Bounce music of the Dirty South and was disseminated via mainstream hip hop videos and popular video-sharing sites since the mid-2000s. Comparisons have been made with traditional African dances, for instance the Mapouka from West Africa which was banned from Ivory Coast's television due to its suggestive nature. Twerking can carry both gendered and racialized connotations.
All research on the origin of twerking led to the strip clubs in the south or the dirty South as southerners have christened their beloved lower eastern part of the United States. The “dirty south” states are Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina, Arkansas, Mississippi and Louisiana where New Orleans is often synonymous with “anything goes”. What other state in the United States sets aside an entire month for partying.
While twerking is not new, it has unfortunately become socially acceptable because of performers and entertainers such as Miley Cyrus promoting it on national television and in their videos.
Although this suggestive style of dancing has been around for a while, you tube and other forms of social media have enabled it to become more popular than it deserves to be. Social media has taken away all decorum and tact that women once treasured and it has now given them a false sense of acceptance regardless of their antics. What use to be solely private is now broadcast for the world to see repeatedly giving you an audience of millions or billions regardless of what your intent may have been. With each viewing your reputation is formed without you ever meeting the person.
Webster defines a lady as a woman of superior social position, a woman of refinement and gentle manners, a woman of high social standings, a refined and respectable female who is admired by her peers. Any woman who ensures that her conversations or actions are always pleasing and pleasant in public. A woman who values her reputation. A woman that demands that she is respected by all who encountered her. A woman that ensures that her actions never offend her family, children or friends. A woman that uses her speech pleasantly by avoiding lewd or vulgar language. A woman who considers others and their opinion of her before she acts. From this definition we can surmise that a lady is someone whose standards and actions ensure that she is always treated with respect. Before we look at twerking, let’s look at the definition of a whore.
A whore is defined as a male or female who has unlawful (not recognized by law as allowed) sexual intercourse as a prostitute, someone who pursues a faithless, unworthy relationship, a woman who engages in sexual acts for money or favors. A male or female who promotes their body’s use for hire with lewd or suggestive speech and or acts and gestures. A woman who knowingly has sexual intercourse with men who have no intentions of a formal courtship or marriage. Any woman who has sexual intercourse with many different men. Any woman who exposes her body in a way that causes men, other than her husband, to become lustful and aroused sexually. An offensive promiscuous woman that ignores the sanctity of marriage. A woman who uses her body to get the attention of men.
A woman who enjoys the sexual advances of men for the purpose of teasing them sexually. A woman who makes no heart felt connections. Someone who never has serious relationships for an extended amount of time.
After reading the definitions where would you place your actions, are you a lady or are you a whore?
15 Reasons Why a Lady Never Twerks
- A negative opinion is immediately formed by everyone watching.
- Men and women will see you as untrustworthy and easy.
- Men will openly discuss you later with other people, male and female. Nothing about you is secretive.
- A man will never treat you like a lady, you don’t act like one.
- You will be reminded of your suggestive dancing when you have forgotten and it will cost you.
- You will find that everyone watching you and not participating will find you vulgar and indecent.
- Men and women will assume that you have slept with many men.
- You decrease your changes of any man marrying you that comes from a family of prominence.
- Anyone who claims to be a Christian and represents Christ would never think that God would approve of this behavior.
- Can you twerk and then witness Christ to anyone in that room?
- The vulgar movements beg for attention causing men to think you are a loose and an easy conquest.
- Many men who have date raped young women have been acquitted because of the things (twerking) the woman did prior to the rape. This action taken by judges all over the country isn’t fair and just but it is the society in which we live.
- The dance itself appears as an open invitation to any man watching to engage in sexual intercourse. You are not selective in your choice. They don’t have to qualify or be worthy to sleep with you.
- A man that begins a relationship founded on sex will never respect your mind, emotions, imagination and intellect. Your purpose is sex and nothing else. “Shut up and twerk until I get tired of you” will be his attitude toward you.
- It shows how little you think of yourself. You have a harlot mentality. You feel that you must use your body to get attention because there is nothing else about you that will cause people to notice you. How sad?
Watching celebrities’ twerk on stage after being paid millions of dollar is not a good excuse to twerk in a nightclub where you are not paid to twerk and will leave with nothing but a bad reputation. Stop watching television shows or videos and deciding that their behavior on stage is something you should do in life. Your life will be very different than you envisioned it if you don’t value your body and mind while you are young. Don’t allow mistakes made in your youth to haunt you throughout your adult years. Decide today what kind of husband you would like to have and become the woman that man would marry. Whores, perceived or real, are seldom seen as a housewives.